Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming soon... a Mission Statement

The intention of this blog is to take an in depth (and slightly humorous) look into movie marketing — mostly poster design, being that it is easiest to come by.

I grew up in a relatively sheltered home, where most of the movie exposure I had was to wholesome "Focus on the Family" flicks and non-violent cartoons (with a few exceptions). This, of course, caused me to rebel and develop a passion for all things "evil".

So what makes me an expert on movie posters? Nothing. In fact i am far from an expert an anything. I am a greetings card designer at Hallmark Cards by day. So, I don't work in the movie industry, but I do work in design. So I'm at least semi-qualified to make snide observations about what works and what doesn't... I do however go to a lot of advance screenings for what it's worth. But, I'm not here to tell you what movies suck (even though I will still force my opinions on you), I'm here to tell you that their posters probably suck too. And why.

I look forward to posting. I hope you look forward to reading.

Coming soon...

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment